May 30, 2009
There hasn’t been much revealed about The Saboteur, it certainly hasn’t gathered much hype in the gaming media but I personally think this is one to watch out for. Set during World War II (no don’t stop reading), you are given the task of taken down German officers/officials and in general just sabotage their plans for world domination. The unique thing about the game though is the use of colour or the lack of it in some ways. The majority of the areas you will play in will be covered in black and white representing the rule of the Germans and it is your task to bring colour back to the environment. Actually I don’t think anyone could do the game justice just talking about, here have a look for yourself.
The Saboteur is due out at the end Autumn/Christmas 2009 for the Xbox 360 and PS3.
May 30, 2009
Bioware have released a couple of trailers already for the upcoming Mass Effect 2 and one of them hinted that the protagnist, Commander Shepard, could be dead. Well fear not Shepard fans he (or she, totally up to you) is back. Here have a look for yourself in this brand spanking new trailer.
If I don’t say so myself that trailer looks fantastic and it is good to that Commander Shepard will be back as it keeps up the continuity of the games universe. I loved the whole epic sci-fi feel of the original and judging by trailer this will provide us with more of the same. Oh and before I forget folks don’t delete your original Mass Effect save as we are told by Bioware it will actually effect certain events/situtations in the sequel!
Mass Effect 2 is on schedule for a late 2009 release
May 28, 2009
EA have announced a list of their games that will be shown at E3 next week and boy is it one big list. The list includes 26 games which include the likes of Brutal Legend, Army of Two: 40th Day, Dante’s Inferno, Mass Effect 2, The Saboteur and, surprisingly, FIFA 10. Football (or soccer) games are not usually shown at E3 as the event is staged in America so the interest in them is not too high but it seems like EA are going to break the mould and I certainly look forward to it. The full list of the EA games being shown at E3 can be seen below.
- Army of Two: The 40th Day (PS3, PSP, Xbox 360)
- Battlefield: Bad Company 2 (PC, PS3, Xbox 360)
- Brutal Legend (PS3, Xbox 360)
- Dante’s Inferno (PS3, PSP, Xbox 360)
- Dead Space: Extraction (Wii)
- Dragon Age: Origins (PC, PS3, Xbox 360)
- EA Sports Active (Wii)
- EA Sports Grand Slam Tennis (Wii, other formats later)
- FIFA 10 (DS, PC, PS2, PS3, PSP, Wii, Xbox 360)
- Fight Night Round 4 (PS3, Xbox 360)
- GI Joe: The Rise of Cobra (DS, PS2, PS3, PSP, Wii, Xbox 360)
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (DS, Mac, PC, PS2, PS3, PSP, Wii, Xbox 360)
- Littlest Pet Shop Online (PC)
- Madden NFL 10 (PS2, PS3, PSP, Wii, Xbox 360)
- Mass Effect 2 (PC, Xbox 360)
- MySims Agents (DS, Wii)
- NCAA Football 10 (PS2, PS3, PSP, Xbox 360)
- NHL 10 (PS3, Xbox 360)
- Need for Speed: Nitro (DS, Wii)
- Need for Speed: Shift (PC, PS3, PSP, Xbox 360)
- Spore: Hero (Wii)
- Spore: Hero Arena (DS)
- The Sims 3 (iPhone, iPod Touch, Mac, PC)
- Tiger Woods PGA Tour 10 (PS2, PS3, PSP, Wii, Xbox 360)
- Battlefield 1943 (PC, PS3, Xbox 360)
- The Saboteur (PC, PS3, Xbox 360)