May 30, 2009
There hasn’t been much revealed about The Saboteur, it certainly hasn’t gathered much hype in the gaming media but I personally think this is one to watch out for. Set during World War II (no don’t stop reading), you are given the task of taken down German officers/officials and in general just sabotage their plans for world domination. The unique thing about the game though is the use of colour or the lack of it in some ways. The majority of the areas you will play in will be covered in black and white representing the rule of the Germans and it is your task to bring colour back to the environment. Actually I don’t think anyone could do the game justice just talking about, here have a look for yourself.
The Saboteur is due out at the end Autumn/Christmas 2009 for the Xbox 360 and PS3.
May 30, 2009
Is it wrong that I am actually looking forward to getting my hands on Bayonetta?! Yes I know she has the whole cheesy yet sexy Sarah Palin/librarian look about her but the gameplay does actually look pretty good, it has the whole Devil May Cry feel to it. Add in the fact that the talented guys and girls at Platinum are the development team behind the game I can’t help but think my excitement is a little bit justified. Still not with me? Maybe this new trailer will get you on the Bayonetta train.
Bayonetta is due out late 2009 for the Xbox 360 and PS3.
May 28, 2009
The new patch (v1.27) for Killzone 2 has been released this morning, all you need to do is be connected to the PlayStation Network, pop in you game disc and it is yours. In an interview with PlayStation Blog, Eric Boltjes (lead multiplayer designer) talked about that changes the new patch will bring to the game. Please carry on reading to see how the Killzone 2 multiplayer has been tweaked.
Read the rest of this entry »
May 26, 2009
The previous footage and screenshots of God of War III looked good but lacked a certain polish. Well it seems Sony have been working hard as these new screenshots certainly look fan-bloody-tastic
May 26, 2009
Take-Two have today announced that Bioshock 2 will be coming to Europe on October 30th 2009. The big surprise is that this much anticipated title will be coming available to us Europeans a good few days before the North American release which is listed as November 3rd 2009. As most long time gamers will know, us cultured European folk are usually the ones who no-one acres and it is usually the Americans and Japanese that get their hands on the new releases first. Well, not this time!
Bioshock 2 is due to be released on PS3, 360 and PC.
May 25, 2009
Finally, Infinity Ward has revealed the full trailer for Modern Warfare 2, the follow-up to the hugely successful and critically acclaimed Call of Duty 4 Modern Warfare. The two previous trailers have teased us with bits of footage but now we can finally see the game in its full glory.
Click here to watch it.
Did you enjoy it?! Hmm, of course you did! So here is what I deduced after watching that amazing trailer.
- The game is set after the events of the original and will give us gamers the task of taking down Makarov who is a former associate of Zakhaev, the “bad guy” from the first game.
- Gameplay will take place in multiple locations around the world. Snowy Russia, deserts of Afghanistan and the huge city that is Rio de Janeiro.
- Civilians are seen running around in the trailer, possible “epic” escort or rescue hostage missions.
- Vehicle based missions to possibly be introduced. Driving and shooting while in a snowmobile seems certain. Possible for a mission to be based in a helicopter too? Hmm, I hope so.
- Characters are seen swimming; there could be a mission which requires infiltration via water.
- New knife based melee kills.
- Might be a long shot but there is a glimpse of someone being tortured in trailer; maybe that is a new addition too.
- It also looks like the final mission could involve getting into Makarov’s huge castle base and taking him out. The trailer certainly suggests this as that set-piece battle just looks to amazing not be the final act of the game.
- Lastly even though it seems like Infinity Ward are using the same graphics engine from the original, this game just looks so much more cinematic. That can only be a good thing right?!
Modern Warfare 2 is due to be released November 10th 2009 but I am quite sure we will see more of it before that. Awesome!